About Me –
My name is Matthew Bender, and I’m an editorial, commercial and portrait photographer. I’m currently living in Philadelphia; I know the roads (and tolls) to NYC well. I’m a native of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. A former almost-engineer, I opted instead to go to art school, and found my way into commercial and fine art photography.
Some Other Important Bullet Points –
– I live in South Philly, home to a certain fictional boxer you may have heard of.
– Although I’m from Pennsylvania Dutch Country, I’m not actually Amish. My mustache is the give-away. Amish men cannot have mustaches – they’re too fancy.
– I didn’t fall in love with photography when I was six. I’ve made up for it.
– I have a fine art practice grounded in the idea of progress. This work can be found at www.matthewbenderphoto.com
– I’ve gone skydiving and my parachute failed.
– I have photographed assignments with a broken arm, including a group of doctors. It was a wonderful ice-breaker with them. And no, this was not related to my skydiving incident!
Select Collaborators –
Arkema Inc. | Air Liquide | Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals | Sartomer Chemicals | Hotels.com | The Pennsylvania Ballet
University of Pennsylvania | Wharton School of Business | University of Denver | Haverford College | Macalester College | Lehigh University
The Washington Post Magazine | Wall Street Journal | Science Magazine | On Air Magazine | Chemical & Engineering News
CARF (Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation) | CFEVA (The Center for Emerging Visual Artists)