About Me –
I’m an advertising and editorial photographer specializing in outdoor lifestyle, industry and portraiture. I’m based in Philadelphia and working nationwide. An almost-engineer, I instead found my way into commercial and fine art photography.
Some Important Bullet Points –
– I live in South Philly, home to a certain fictional boxer you may have heard of.
– I’m a native of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Although I’m from Pennsylvania Dutch Country, I’m not actually Amish. My mustache is the give-away. Amish men cannot have mustaches. They’re too fancy.
– I didn’t fall in love with photography when I was six. I’ve made up for it.
– I have a fine art practice that focuses on unseen and hidden elements within the landscape; in particular, on issues of land use and human impact on the land. This work can be found at www.matthewbenderphoto.com
– I’ve gone skydiving and my parachute failed.
– I’ve photographed assignments with a broken arm, including a group of doctors. It was a wonderful ice-breaker with them. And no, this was not related to my skydiving incident!
Select Collaborators –
Arkema Inc. | Air Liquide | Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals | Sartomer Chemicals | Hotels.com | The Pennsylvania Ballet
University of Pennsylvania | Wharton School of Business | University of Denver | Haverford College | Macalester College | Lehigh University
The Washington Post Magazine | Wall Street Journal | Science Magazine | Chemical & Engineering News | AGBU Insider
CARF (Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation) | CFEVA (The Center for Emerging Visual Artists)