About Me –
My name is Matthew Bender, and I’m a Philadelphia based editorial, commercial and portrait photographer. I am a native of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. A former almost-engineer, I opted instead to go to art school, and found my way into commercial and fine art photography.
My Photographic Approach –
I have an affinity for documentary, lifestyle, and portraiture work. While I have a real love for moment-based, story telling imagery, I have an equal love for dynamic portraiture. Being able to marry these two approaches is what I strive for in my work.
Some Other Important Bullet Points –
– Although I am from Pennsylvania Dutch Country, I am not actually Amish. Amish men cannot have mustaches – they’re deemed too fancy.
– I didn’t fall in love with photography when I was six. I’ve made up for it.
– My cat is named Optimus Prime.
– I have a fine art practice grounded in the idea of progress. This work can be found at www.matthewbenderphoto.com
– I’ve gone skydiving and my parachute failed.
– I have photographed assignments with a broken arm, including a group of doctors. It was a wonderful ice-breaker with them. And no, this was not related to my skydiving incident!
University of Pennsylvania | Wharton School of Business| Arkema Inc. | Air Liquide | School of the Pennsylvania Ballet | University of Denver | Hotels.com| John Templeton Foundation | Lehigh University | Sartomer Chemicals | CARF (Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation) | CAPA Pictures